Friday, October 1, 2010

Local Guildleves and a Plan

Last night I decided to put a major push to get armorcrafting and blacksmithing and alchemy all 10+.  Since this was guildleve night, I was able to do this even while I'm slowly running out of storage space...  If you are like myself and you do all crafts, SE's being slow to implement multiple flunkies is proving to be a SERIOUS pain...  

The plan for the evening went off on rails.  I was able to get Blacksmith, Armorer, to 10 and Alchemist to 9 with 300 exp to go until 10.  Some lucky crafting allowed me to get a new bronze dome hammer head (2 blow ups and a success) which allowed me to get my level 7 armorcrafter tool!  The slow replacement of the level 1 junk continues.  This makes 3 jobs that have their appropriate tools.  I also determined that once a synth's level is know - you really do need to wait until you are at it's level.  If you are, and you have up to date equipment, it seems to be rather easy.  If you have lower level equipment and are under the level even by 1 level, it becomes failure prone.  (Note to self - get armorer up some more and get that copper alembic built - post haste).  I did take advantage of some spare materials to make two Copper Barbuts.  One for myself and one for sale.

Some distilled water synths allowed me to get alchemy pushed over the top.  At which point I discovered that I had the materials and the level to get some lead-grey hemp dye synthed.  6 of those later and I though some of my crafting blockages were done.  Unfortunately further examination of the situation revealed that no, there were further problems to address.  Namely TAUPE sheep leather.  Gah! that stuff is used everywhere...

So a new plan was formed.  Upgrade the gladiator weapon if possible (I got lucky and had 1 success followed by 3 failures making the blade (had enough of the rest of the materials for 2 daggers but hey, some times you need to know when to cut your losses - two blow ups at 100% means that once I get one more blacksmithing level, this should be more do-able.  I did get one made though, so I now have updated combat weapon for my gladiator job.

The plan is to go on a harvesting/grinding rampage and get the materials for all hemp/sheepskin dies.  This involves some killing of plants that are levels 10-14 which is why I needed to upgrade my weapon and then I'll need to upgrade the skill's rank.

Letrange

Above you can see me with my upgraded equipment, ready to head out to the wilds in search of moss, bugs and Flax and Alumen.

Physical: 22, Hand to hand: 8, Sword: 9, Axe: 8, Archery: 6, Polearm: 8, Shield: 2, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 1, Woodworking: 8, Smithing: 10, Armorcraft:10, Goldsmithing: 6, Leatherworking: 11, Clothcraft: 11, Alchemy: 10, Cooking 5, Mining: 9, Botany: 10, Fishing: 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment