Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rubber!

I start out the night harvesting in the skull valley area.  All goes well until I decide to see if I can hunt down another quarrying spot other than the one in the cave just to the south west of the camp.  I eventually wander a little too far and a Flytrap zaps me in one shot.

Once in town I proceed to the selling and processing of the inventory.  By some miracle I managed to HQ the yellow copper ore synth and get myself some brimstone.  This allows me to divest myself of my latex by way of making some rubber.  You will note that I try not to keep raw materials on hand unless they have a lot of secondary materials that are derived from them.  The reason for this is pretty simple.  One raw materials often only stack to 12 and the processed materials usually stack higher.  The other reason is that it means less processing when it comes time to make finished products.  The tricky part is deciding what items to keep on hand with the limited inventory space we're currently working with.

This of course should solve itself with the November update.  Which can't come fast enough for me.  I also had some Blue Quartz and some Raw Lapis Lazuli.  So I was able to make some Copper Circlets (Lapis Lazuli) and some Sheepskin Workboots for my gathering set.  I now have a full blown gathering set incidentally.  I also did some crafting of bronze nuggets (trying to get rid of the left over tin).  Crafting that however I ran out of Fire Crystals.  So I decided to go to the Tradescraft Ward and see if I could get some fire crystals.  No really good deals were found.  Man will I be glad when the search feature will be implemented.  I got lucky and also spotted a Black Oyster thingy which allowed me to make my Bone Hora. 

This means there are only 3 jobs left where I have not yet replaced the Weathered version with an upgraded one.  The Axe for Marauder, the Spear for Lancer and the Fishing Pole for Fisherman.  The pole needs iron wire.  The various Marauder axes need buffalo leather straps of various hues.  It looks like I should be able to make the harpoon though since my Goldsmithing is within striking distance of the synth needed.  I just need a soiled femur or two.

Gathering Gear

Here's a picture of me with all my gathering gear.  The head, body, hands, legs and feet pieces all have gathering stat boosts.  The shirt and hat are fishing specific (they'll still help out with other gathering professions, just not as well).  The pants, boots and gloves all support all 3 gathering professions.

Gah, I still need to remember to do the local leves.

Physical: 31, Hand to hand: 9, Sword: 14, Axe: 10, Archery: 7, Polearm: 9, Shield: 7, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 10, Woodworking: 12, Smithing: 12, Armorcraft: 13, Goldsmithing: 12, Leatherworking: 13, Clothcraft: 15, Alchemy: 16, Cooking 13, Mining: 13, Botany: 13, Fishing: 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment