Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fish and cooking

The night before yesterday Faeye having problems getting Sea Cucumbers in order to make Fish Glue.  Now I had told him where I had acquired the ones we had combined earlier in the day.  So just to verify that my advice had been correct I decided to go on a serious Sea Cucumber hunt.

So I ended up in Aleport.  With my fishing skill somewhere around 6.5 and I proceeded to setup a rotation between the 3 Spearfishing spots at the beach in Aleport.  Now the Sea Cucumber IS a rare drop at these locations.  And you need to do quite a bit of spearfishing in order to get a decent quantity.  I ended up with over 80 Merlthor Goby and Vongola Clams as well as the targeted 11 Sea Cucumbers.  This brought my fishing skill up over 8 in an hour and a half.  Oooo based on what we've surmised I should be able to go after the necessary Dark Bass now that my fishing is high enough.  We'll see.

Spearfishing clams, gobies and cucumbers


I then proceeded back to town to divest myself of the inventory.  Looking at the contents.  After the incidentals were sold and some plans for the two sheep leathers and single rat pelt with formic acid were made, I decided that fish cleaning all the gobies and clams was the way to go.

Well even at 1 wind shard a cleaning I blew through my reserve of wind shards...  I still have 8 gobies left.  BUT! my Culinarian sill lept from low 7 past 11 in this stint.  To process the 4 and a half stacks of Sea Sand I currently have would take more wind crystals as well so It looks like I'll be killing stuff that drops wind this evening when I get back, but at least the skill that was lagging most of the crafting is now firmly in the "above 10" group.  I will not complain about that.  Also I have some rye flour left over from the moss hunt (lots of rye wheat was harvested and turned into flour in order to give extra alchemy synths).  This and a reserve of bloodworms (so THAT's why I kept those), mean that I should be able to transform the last 8 gobies into Goby Balls (a fishing bait).  Right before I go for the Dark Bass.  Lord knows if I will get any but it's worth the try for the fish glue.

Still when all is said and done I think most of tomorrow will be spent getting wind crystals and processing what is left over of the gobies.  I must also remember to concentrate on some moles as I need 5 more Formic Acids in order to free up a slot in my crowded inventory.  Not to mention turn those stacks of Sea Sand into Fine Sand (useful for turning crystals into shards).

So, here is the pic from yesterday.  My equipment after the weekend's crafting.  Note that the Hempen Shirt (gray) is +1 and the Rope Belt is +2.  This was also taken before I replaced my Weathered Shoes with some Sheepskin Leggings (gray).  Other visible Items are the Hempen Coif (gray), the Hempen Slops (gray) and the Smithy's Gloves (gray).  Also visible is the sewing frame representing the Bronze Needle +1 I crafted back at that start.

Letrange

Physical: 25, Hand to hand: 8, Sword: 11, Axe: 8, Archery: 6, Polearm: 8, Shield: 4, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 6, Woodworking: 8, Smithing:11 , Armorcraft:10, Goldsmithing: 9, Leatherworking: 11, Clothcraft: 12, Alchemy: 11, Cooking 11, Mining: 11, Botany: 11, Fishing: 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment