Friday, October 8, 2010

Dye coverage

Sure enough a few trips around the sites with concentration on the correct harvesting site was able to procure me 4 Mole-brown Dyer's Moss.  Since some of the sites were mining sites, this also dinged my mining.  A trip to Ul'dah later and I had my Mole-brown Hemp Dye reserve.  At this point I decided on a little "me" time.  This means crafting stuff for myself.  I was able to craft myself a Hempen Hat (grey), a Hunter's Hat (grey) +1, a Hempen Dalmatica (grey) a pair of Hempen Work Gloves (grey) and a Maple Wand.  All of this cloth crafting managed to get my weaving up above 13.  The Hempen Hat will replace my coif entirely as all my jobs are high enough and they all get better crafting bonuses from said hat.  The Hunter's Hat will probably wait until I get a Hunter's Vest together before it sees use (with the archery job).

I then finished off the evening with some local guildleves.  This managed to push my Alchemy up to 12.  Never a bad thing.

The storage situation, is of course a debacle.  I keep paring down my inventory just to see it balloon up each time.  Not to mention all the crafting has left me, once again, critically short of wind shards (surprise surprise).  I'm going to have to synth some of the wind crystals into wind shards I do believe (water as well).  At least I have the fine sand necessary to do so.

But, because I have been lax with the screen shots, here is a little montage of various wears.


Dalmatica, Smithy's gloves and Hunter's Hat

First up is the Dalmatica.  I will probably never wear this in earnest.  It's a Rank 1 body piece and I no longer have any jobs that are Rank 1.  The Smithy's gloves are definitly part of my "crafting set".  The hunter's hat will be great for the archer job in 3 levels but I'll want the Hunter's Tunic as well.


Turban, Shirt and Work Gloves

Next up is the Hempen Turban, the Hempen Shirt and the Hempen Work Gloves.  This will become my standard "gathering set" as all the pieces bonus gathering.


Shirt, Hat and Vambraces

Until a better body piece comes along this will probably be my crafting hat and casting set.  I really need to get a proper casting body piece and some proper caster's gloves.  Amusingly, since I can now equip the 1 handed conjurers weapon, my Conjurer can also equip a shield...

Everything I could make gray I did.  Still haven't found a recipe for making Sheepskin Vambraces (grey).  Now since I tend to prefer grey clothes, I am going thru the grey dye at a much higher rate than the other colors.  I may need to do a trip to Limsa Lominsa to get some more lead-grey dye material.  But first is the ongoing quest of the fish glue supply.  Not to mention shards, OMG, am I short of shards.... 

So at the end of the session:

Physical: 26, Hand to hand: 8, Sword: 11, Axe: 8, Archery: 6, Polearm: 8, Shield: 4, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 6, Woodworking: 10, Smithing:11 , Armorcraft: 11, Goldsmithing: 10, Leatherworking: 11, Clothcraft:13 , Alchemy: 12, Cooking 11, Mining: 12, Botany: 12, Fishing: 8.

2 comments:

  1. 'Allo,

    I have been following this blog a little in response to the loss of the EVE blog. Also vaguely curious about FFXIV, so I read your posts and I see...an entire game based on grinding? Is there anything else to the game?

    Don't mistake me I can understand the satisfaction of getting to the end of it but...is there anything that can be done once you are there? is there anything you plan to do?

    (I should say your blog is just about the entirety of my FFXIV info)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are plenty of quests to unlock and of course the changes that the first year will bring. We have no clue at this point what the "end game" will look like. We're also no were near the point where you will want to party up to progress further. The interesting difference is that for non-gatherers you'll be doing a lot of leves to level up. The advantage of leves and sharing leves (although not apparent from my own posts) is that you end up with "reserved" mobs that other leveling parties can't touch. So there's a lot less mob camping and competition between the gatherers and the levelers (as there was in 11).

    It's still too early to see where this is all going though.

    ReplyDelete