Monday, October 18, 2010

More Progress and an EXP party.

I finally finished off all the Malm Kelp.  Got me to 3/4 of the way from 15 to 16.  Very nice, I'll have to go back to that one once I finish getting other crafts up to 15.  I have noticed that various crafts have a sort of a plateau at around 15-ish where more cross craft dependencies are located.  For example Antelope sinew cord is doable with master support at level 12, but would be more comfortable at 15.

So I made a decision to get all my crafts and gathering up to 15 before intentionally moving specific crafts higher.  As a break from all the crafting, some members of the LS got together to do a classic EXP party.  We were mostly in the 13-15 range.  With myself as tank.  We initially tried near camp Tranquility (Black Shroud).  Killing crabs and monkeys...  This was sub-optimal.  We eventually got good with the crabs but the re-spawn rate was not good and the monkeys were not great.

So we went to the Emerald Moss camp.  Tried the Cellars.  Not so good, squirrel killed but I ended up in the dirt.  And there was only one even strength squirrel of the bunch.  Then we went upstairs in the grade 2 harvesting area killing anglers... Ah, revenge was sweet, but the problem was the anglers were too far between each other.  Then we went to Coerthas.  Does and Squirrels oh my.  Much better camp.  Plenty of mobs so re-spawn was not an issue.  Still the occasional problem with the tank and the healer getting erased from existence but not as bad as the other camps.  I dinged 14 Gladiator and 7 Sentinel in this party.

As you can see, we're still collectively trying to find that "comfort zone" where you can kill a lot, get good exp and not die a lot.  Part of this is equipment.  The server as a whole is still not equipment rich.  Part of this is experience.  We're still all learning where the proper level mobs are for a given party composition.  Exploration is fun!


I also discovered ffxivorigin's sig generator.



Nice but it doesn't list everything.

 Physical: 31, Hand to hand: 9, Sword: 14, Axe: 10, Archery: 7, Polearm: 9, Shield: 7, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 10, Woodworking: 11, Smithing: 12, Armorcraft: 13, Goldsmithing: 12, Leatherworking13: , Clothcraft: 15, Alchemy: 15, Cooking 13, Mining: 12, Botany: 13, Fishing: 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment