Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Clothes Horse

It was a long weekend for me.  As you can see by the distance from the last post.  There were 3 fronts of progress I needed to address as the weekend started.  First I needed to rectify the severe shortage of shards and crystals I was suffering from.  Specifically water, wind and lightning to a lesser degree.  Then there was the ongoing equipment upgrade as I can manage (i.e. I have the skills) and afford (for the ones I buy outright from other crafters).

All in all it was a good weekend.  Between the local guildleves and the crafting of various pieces I managed to get various crafts to ding up.  Then there was the re-examining of the sheep camp.  Indeed I had left enough time pass and it was once again decent.  That alone managed to get my Marauder and Conjurer classes to 10.  Not to mention fixed my shard shortage quite nicely (along with some air squids for the water).  This allowed me amongst other things to craft up an over supply of beige hemp dye.  The over supply of beige dye was due to fishing up some bass which allowed me to also make some fish glue.  So that brought my personal reserve of beige hemp dye to 99 and I had 55 left over for sale.  Those went over the weekend (ka-ching).  As you will see, I was able to make myself a Hempen Robe (Grey).  Making that brought my personal reserve of lead-grey rather uncomfortably low so while I was doing some regional guildleves out at Skull Valley, I picked myself up some lead-grey dyer's moss "en passant".

So various things I made/acquired include:  Bronze Head Knife (Rank 7 Leathercrafting main tool), Copper Alembic (Rank 7 Alchemy main tool), Birdsbeak Hammer (Rank 12 Blacksmithing main tool) purchased from a linkshell crafter, Bronze Pickaxe (Rank 7 Mining main tool) which I made, then immediately upgraded to a Plumed Bronze Pickaxe (Rank 12 Mining main tool) thanks to the donation of an iron buckle from another linkshell mate (cotton cloth was npc purchased), A Maple Wand (Rank 7 Conjurer one handed main tool), and a Copper Scepter (Rank 7 Thaumaturge one handed main tool)  were also in the list of things crafted.

On the clothes side of things, the aforementioned robe, some Sheepskin Culottes and some Hempen Trousers were made.  Both of the later were way over level for my current job levels but since they still managed to up my stats I'll be wearing them bearing in mind their bonuses (i.e. they are better than what I've got and I'll grow into them nicely).  I also discovered that Rank 12 Miner gets 7 cracks at a Grade 1 site.

As a break from all the sheep slaughter (I passed 1000 killed mobs) and local leves (passed 50), I also progressed the main quest sequence to the point where I need a level 15 job to continue.  At the end of the weekend I end up with basically 3 sets of clothes.  One combat (heavy on the defense), one gatherer and one crafting.

Fighter wear

Here we see my fighter wear.  Heavy on the defense, not much for crafting/gathering stats.

Gathering wear

Then there's my gathering wear.  Plenty of boosts to gathering output and perception.

Crafting wear

Finally there is my crafting togs.  Plenty of stats to help the crafter not blow things up.

Physical: 28, Hand to hand: 8, Sword: 13, Axe: 8, Archery: 6, Polearm: 8, Shield: 6, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 10, Woodworking: 10, Smithing:11 , Armorcraft: 11, Goldsmithing: 11, Leatherworking: 12, Clothcraft:14, Alchemy: 12, Cooking 11, Mining: 12, Botany: 13, Fishing: 10.

2 comments:

  1. How on earth do you find the room for everything? with 80 slots for me and 80 slots for my retainer I find to so difficult to actually keep hold of the things I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A strict policy of vendoring raws I can't process yet or that I have in insufficient quantities. Certain items are exceptions to this rule (flax, rock salt) but for the most part it helps keep my inventory low.

    ReplyDelete