Thursday, October 14, 2010

Armorer and Weaver push

Local Guildleve time again.  Instead of wasting my own crystals on junk synths, I decided to run all 8 leves in 2 crafts.  I managed to get Armorer to 12 and half way to 13.  Weaver got from barely 14 to over half way to 15 so that is progress.  Obviously now that things are above 10 they are slowing down.  As far as the crafts go here is a list of what tools I have by job:

Hand to hand: 1
Sword: 9
Axe: 1
Archery: 6 with 1 ammo
Polearm: 1
Shield: 5
Thaumaturgy: 6
Conjury: 7
Woodworking: 1
Smithing: 12
Armorcraft: 7
Goldsmithing: 7
Leatherworking: 7
Clothcraft: 7
Alchemy: 7
Cooking 7
Mining: 12
Botany: 7
Fishing: 1.

So my slow replacement of equipment is getting things up there.  Most of the left over items need to get to rank 15/20 to be able to make the materials.  As soon as I get various crafts up there I'll resume replacing my equipment.

As for the lack of inventory space.  Here's hoping that on the 22 (or thereabouts) when the "trial" period ends, I'll be able to get some more retainers.  I seriously would like to keep more items.  Here's also hoping some form of inventory sort feature gets implemented...

The end of the evening saw me as follows:

Physical: 28, Hand to hand: 8, Sword: 13, Axe: 8, Archery: 6, Polearm: 8, Shield: 6, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 10, Woodworking: 10, Smithing: 12, Armorcraft: 12, Goldsmithing: 11, Leatherworking: 12, Clothcraft:14, Alchemy: 13, Cooking 11, Mining: 12, Botany: 13, Fishing: 10.

2 comments:

  1. one thing I am finding annoying when looking at upgrading equipment is the cross over of class for certain parts and remembering which is goldsmith, blacksmith and armourer.

    Also the annoying need for Brass parts in sone Bronze tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the idea is obvious: The crafters who specialize need to cooperate to get things made. The problem is that unless there's a working market, there is massive pressure to become a generalist. Mainly due to the lack of intermediary parts sourced from other crafting classes.

    Mind you, I'm a JOAT by preference so all it does is slow me down a bit. Plus I'm patient/independent enough that I can wait for
    a) crazy prices on high level items that I can't repair anyways to stabilize
    b) A better market system to hit the servers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    I figure once the trial period is over we'll be able to un-block the storage issues and also eventually we'll get a better market system of some sort. Not convinced the ward toss up will do it.

    ReplyDelete