Friday, October 15, 2010

Malm Kelp

When I logged in I was in a rather out of the way place.  So I decided that working on some lower level combat jobs followed by some targeted fishing was the way to go.  So I switched to my Archer class and headed off to the sheep camp.  One more level was attained before I ran out of arrows.  Then it was Lancer for a while.  Got that up to 9.

While ranking up the Lancer, an LS member that I wanted to trade some stuff with indicated that he was currently in Limsa.  I proceeded to head on over there so we could trade stuff.  Then I vendored the trash while keeping some of the loot for immediate processing.  Said processing took about an hour.  Didn't ding any crafting jobs but I did get some good progress towards 15 weaver.  I almost have 3 full stacks of cotton thread ready for when I get in range of the cotton thread->cotton cloth synth.

Once that was done and my gear was repaired it was off to the cliffs of La Noscea.  Here is the idea.  When one fishes with Chocobo Fly lures, one gets just about only Malm Kelp.  Then using cooking one can turn half the Kelp into sea sand.  Once that is accomplished one can use alchemy to make Table Salt.  Apparently one can ride this synth right up until one dings about 20 Alchemist.

So it was off to fish.  I managed to get my Fishing skill from 10 to 11 while fishing up 7 full stacks of normal Malm Kelp.  I still have place in the inventory so I'll probably continue fishing when I get back.  While I'm logged of course we'll have the update.  Indeed this update IS the one with the market ward changes.  Still no extra retainers.  Still no sort.  Still no search.  I do not think this will be as successful as they wish.  On the good side though it should spread people out a bit instead of making them all sit in the first ward like sardines.

I also discovered how to get rid of the interface in order to take full screen pictures.  Since my keyboard does not have a scroll lock key, it's kind of awkward but oh well.

Reeling in the Malm Kelp

Physical: 28, Hand to hand: 8, Sword: 13, Axe: 10, Archery: 7, Polearm: 9, Shield: 6, Thaumaturgy: 8, Conjury: 10, Woodworking: 10, Smithing: 12, Armorcraft: 12, Goldsmithing: 11, Leatherworking: 12, Clothcraft:14, Alchemy: 13, Cooking 11, Mining: 12, Botany: 13, Fishing: 11.

2 comments:

  1. Weird how it says that screenshot are the property of Square Soft. First time i see this in a game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's because it wasn't fraps that took the pic

    ReplyDelete