Friday, November 26, 2010

Patch Day - Yep step in the right direction

After patching the game here are the immediate I noticed things:
  1. 20 extra spots of inventory.  Retainer too.  (Not much but it DOES help)
  2. A lot of the inventory and crafting lag - gone.  
  3. No more extra useless confirmation steps (both in exchanging items with retainer and in synthing)
  4. Keyboard synthing remembers your position in the inventory list (Huzzah!)
  5. Underwear no longer take wear.  
  6. You can now craft colored underwear!
  7. I no longer see other people's crafting in the chat window (It's still there - just in the battle window)
  8. Less shard and crystal use (we'll still be burning a metric tonne but anything helps)

As someone mentioned: SE is showing steps in the right direction with this patch.

I started the evening in Ul'dah and proceeded to finish processing the previous night's gathering leftovers.  Much smoother experience.  I heard reports that the +1's and +2's are still in the gathering sites.  Why remove them from the mobs but not the sites? No clue.  I heard that party EXP is now normalized for everyone.  Gladiators were pleased but I suspect that the DPS jobs are going to notice a slow down.  Color me amused.

Then on hearing rumors that the colored underwear synths were now available I proceeded to immediately synth up a storm.  Oooooo cloth synths now give 3 cloths!!!  And arrows stack to 999 and apparently the arrow synth is now 333 per synth!  Archers rejoice! 

Old
New





















Not much of an improvement I know but at least it's not that blah drab beige-grey.   And it no longer takes wear.

Also the experience curve was adjusted.  This resulted in some rather immediate dings (since I had more than enough SP in some categories to rank up) the minute I did something related to that job.

No new gathering info or maps or web site published data - had that new patch fever going strong.  I'll get to that over the weekend.  Overall though a nice number of steps in the right direction.

Physical: 40, Hand to hand: 11, Sword: 17, Axe: 13, Archery: 10, Polearm: 11: , Shield: 9, Thaumaturgy: 11, Conjury: 12, Woodworking: 16, Smithing: 15, Armorcraft: 15, Goldsmithing:16 , Leatherworking: 16, Clothcraft: 18, Alchemy: 19, Cooking15 , Mining: 20, Botany: 19, Fishing: 16.

Edit: I just noticed they put in the level 17 main crafting tools! Friday night will probably be spent upgrading MOST of my crafting tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment