Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Getting my fishing on

Yesterday I relocated to the Ul'dah area.  After some quick local guildleves, I set out to work on both my fishing and my cooking.  These being the two jobs that were still under 15 at the start of the evening.

Sure enough it was quite easy to get the fishing over 15.  I also spent a bit of time fishing without bait or lure just to see what would happen.  Surprisingly you CAN catch stuff.  You get a tonne of "no bites" but you do get Crayfish.  This matches with my experience in Gridania where I was getting Crayfish for the few casts I did without bait or lure.  Also when matched against the Malm Kelp only result when using the Chocobo Fly in the Limsa Lominsa area, I am coming to the suspicion that bait used in an area it is not good for (and you can consider "no bait/lure" being no good in all areas) will get you one of the possible results exclusively.  This would seem to imply that the Chocobo Fly is a freshwater lure.  I will need more data to verify this theory.

I still need to do more fishing to also see if the pools move or not like the other main hand nodes.  I have not yet been able to confirm that they do.  With the 4 lakes in the Black Brush area that I am now pounding around being the candidates for having pools and only 2 pools being "up" at any one time, I should be able to determine if they move at some point over the next few days.

We shall see.

Physical: 37, Hand to hand: 10, Sword: 17, Axe: 10, Archery: 7, Polearm: 11: , Shield: 9, Thaumaturgy: 11, Conjury: 12, Woodworking:15 , Smithing: 15, Armorcraft: 15, Goldsmithing: 15, Leatherworking: 16, Clothcraft: 17, Alchemy: 17, Cooking15 , Mining: 17, Botany16: , Fishing: 15.

2 comments:

  1. How are you finding "synth fatigue"? I find the grind through the mini game is getting more and more tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there is the fact that you may have noticed I'm doing everything. Some aspect getting tiring? Switch to something else. I'm finding the grind much less severe than in FFXI. Also, do the local leves, They provide a bit of variation.

    As for synth grinding. I don't tend to do that except in short sprints. Most of my synthing is either processing synthing or making useful stuff.

    ReplyDelete