Monday, November 22, 2010

Maping things out.

Well with 3 days of data on emerald moss I decided to make a map of the logging spots I had recorded and their (sometimes swagged at) types.  So I thought I'd ping in with the document I'm working on to show you guys the results so far of the data gathering.  Note that it takes about a week of steady gathering in a zone to firm up a better picture of the sites - this is with only 3 days of data points.

Summary of 3 days of data collection

Note that I have not yet got the full drop for Chestnut trees.  Also, so far the chestnut and walnut trees only seem to be in the clearings...   I have more data points on the mining, but the individual sites are less flush.  To the point where I can't tell if there's 5 or 6 types of sites yet.  But I'm getting there.  Thorniest part?  Spearfishing.  I've only found 2 sites and only have 4 drops on each...  That 5th drop is rather rare...

I'd also like to thank the FFXIV Map Information site for their maps.  They have been most useful in making the above.

It looks like people have gone into a holding mode while waiting for the patch.  In NA prime time the server count was apparently down to 850 people.  Not a good sign.  We'll see if the patch on the night of the 24-25th helps things when we get there.

I did a bit of grinding over the weekend and so some of my jobs dinged their next levels.  Oh, and I hit 40 physical (only 10 more levels of that until cap).

Physical: 40, Hand to hand: 11, Sword: 17, Axe: 13, Archery: 10, Polearm: 11: , Shield: 9, Thaumaturgy: 11, Conjury: 12, Woodworking: 16, Smithing: 15, Armorcraft: 15, Goldsmithing: 15, Leatherworking: 16, Clothcraft: 18, Alchemy: 18, Cooking15 , Mining: 19, Botany: 18: , Fishing: 15.

2 comments:

  1. More of this is needed!

    How many resources have you got mapped out now? And which area?

    brilliant piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bentbranch and Bearded Rock are fairly well mapped out. I do all gathering types. Skull valley is barely started, Emerald moss is about 3 days from being more more fleshed out (Trouble finding Chestnut trees "up" atm). Black Brush is so-so (about the same as Emerald moss), and Dry Bone isn't even broached yet.

    Also note that the names of the types of sites (woot, I get to name things) are zone specific. A Maple site in Bearded Rock will have a different drop pattern than a Maple site in Emerald Moss.

    ReplyDelete