Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gathering

I managed to find the "missing" spearfishing spot in the Emerald Moss area.  As I suspected there were three, just took me a while to find the 3rd.  I did some fishing and some discovering of new sites.  I was also able to "complete" some incomplete sites.  This means confirming all 5 drops.

I also did some fishing in a different "free" spot than last time.  This allowed me to note that the drop pattern is the same as the other "free" spot.  I'll need to hit up a few different locations but it's entirely possible that an entire zone has the same drop pattern with the exception of the schools. That's the theory at the moment anyways.

During the search for the third fishing spot, I managed to run across an albino willow.

Albino Willow



SE has put in these funky sites from place to place.  I can only assume they are either storyline related or pre-positioning some stuff for future content.  We'll see.


All this gathering of course managed to push my Botany and my Fishing up by a notch each.

Incidentally yesterday's map was in my raw gathering log.  One of the things I'm doing is taking a screenshot of my map location when I'm in front of a node.  This allows me to confirm if I'm visiting a node I've seen before or not.  It also makes the creation of an accurate map rather trivial.

I should also note that I've observed the same 5 drop pattern from the mobs.  This also allowed me to find out what dropped the Blacklip Oyster that goes into the Bone Hora (Yarzon Feeders actually - I hadn't run into it up to this point).  Still, more killing of Roselets and what not need to be done to flesh out that side of things.  Also I curse Anglers and Lone Wolves, I keep needing to switch to Gladiator to handle those as my Marauder is jut not quite up to snuff to handle them yet.

Physical: 40, Hand to hand: 11, Sword: 17, Axe: 13, Archery: 10, Polearm: 11: , Shield: 9, Thaumaturgy: 11, Conjury: 12, Woodworking: 16, Smithing: 15, Armorcraft: 15, Goldsmithing: 15, Leatherworking: 16, Clothcraft: 18, Alchemy: 18, Cooking15 , Mining: 19, Botany: 19, Fishing: 16.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love your log books, they have helped especially with the Spear/Harvest/Quarry stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Philip Glad you liked them - just note that they are outdated now thanks to the nov 25 update. Locations are still good, but the drop patterns have all changed.

    ReplyDelete