Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Moving Forward

So I start off the day with two local levequests for the Armorer's Guild.  After crafting up the goods and dinging Armorer 21, I decide to hoof it to the various turn in points and shoot things along the way (still working on my Archery job).  After hitting the grade 3 zone I definitely am feeling the skill point love as I find rank appropriate mobs to chew on along the way.  Sure enough before the final delivery I ding Archer 17.  I should probably have gotten some Regional Leves while I was at it but forgot in the rush.  Ah well I'll try and remember then for when I get to Ul'dah.  I came withing a few 100 points of being able to get a training book from the armorers guild but oh well.

This provided the ability to check the effects of the Dodoskin Vambraces vs the Sheepskin Vambraces.  As you recall at Archer 16 there was NO DIFFERENCE between the Sheepskin Vambraces[12] and the Dodoskin Vambraces [17].  So either could be worn with no changes in stats.  At Rank 17 however I expected there to be a marked difference.  And sure enough there was.  So I make a Archer Equipment specific macro and swap out the Sheepskin for the Dodoskin Vambraces.  And all is well in Letrange Land.

The Cotton Acton [19] however still gives less bonuses than the Cotton Tabbard [15].  I'll need to keep monitoring the stats as I rank up to 19 to see the exact switch-over point (I suspect 18 or 19).

Planning ahead I notice that I probably want some Dodoskin Moccasins (Higher Evasion).  Since I'm in La Noscea, I decide to handle the gathering of the necessary materials that can be sourced here before going to Ul'dah where I will be able to get the Latex and sundry other materials.  Not to mention being able to work on local leves for the alchemist and the weavers guilds.  I seriously need to concentrate on leather and alchemy.  Those seem to be the two that need to be at 30 post haste to enable me to continue making equipment.  Not to mention get all the books so that post rank 25 crafting is survivable.

Still not being very social atm.  Getting a feel for the changes before I dive into the linkshell situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment