Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things

After looking at the situation and some of the gear upgrade paths (gah, the next patch is supposed to bring recipe fixes to normalize material requirements to be in line with item rank... man I want the next patch badly).  So I decide to work on Archer for a bit.  Since I can buy the reasonable upgrades rather quickly and craft some of the other equipment.  I notice the next on the line for the hand pieces are Dodoskin Vambraces so I set about collecting the various materials necessary for that endeavor. Some bouncing around and liberal use of all my skills results in the manufacture of 4 standard dodoskin vambraces, I vendor the excess materials and the extra vambraces and then compare the results.  I'm going to have to wait to 17 I think to switch over as at 16 there is no difference in final stats between wearing the sheepskin vambraces and the dodoskin vambraces - optimal rank strikes again (12 vs 17 with me at 16).  I will need to re-test the effects of the two once I hit rank 17 (which should not be long).

I also do some experiments with regional guildleves. I find that the regional ones give nice experience, and the ones that match up the town guilds do indeed give nice guild mark rewards (necessary for when I hit 20 of a specific guild).  At Archer 16 I am able to 3 or 4 star leves at camp emerald moss and solo without too much trouble the one star ones at camp tranquil.  This should aid my leveling.  Not to mention my guild mark acquisition.

The next objective is to do some local levequests as constantly progressing my crafting is necessary (since util the patch hits I need to keep my crafting well ahead of all my combat classes).

No comments:

Post a Comment