Thursday, July 28, 2011

Archer Gear Up

I made a major push to gear my archer job up.  Lucky that most of the gear was within my crafting abilities.  So as well as doing the usual mix of Local and Regional guildleves I did a lot of gathering and hunting in order to procure the necessary materials to make said equipment.  The interesting thing is that I progressed all the way to Archer 19 doing so.  Then it was a case of making the Dodoskin Moccasins (which I HQ1'ed), the Trapper's Hat (Green) and the Trapper's Tunic (Green).

Letrange, Archer

Equipping all of this at Rank 19 obviously was a better choice than my mostly rank 12 thru 15 gear.  The interesting thing came when I compared the equipment to the Optimal 19 Cotton Acton.  The acton has more defense but the tunic has more magic defense and evasion.  All the archer gear seems to preference evasion so, I'm going to go with the theme.  Doing so however means I will need to make some Cotton Kecks.

Ah well, there's enough material left over to do so, I just need to pick up some Mole-Brown Dyer's Moss from the Gridania area (ah hind sight is 20/20 - I just vendored some as part of the "dispose of the crap" part of the gathering process.

So at this point, once again in Limsa, I'm going to be doing my tour of guildleves on my way back to Gridania and some kecks.  Who knows maybe I'll ding 20 by then.  I also dinged 23 mining while mining in Emerald Moss.  Unfortunately my existing log is useless since they changed the gathering patterns back in the day.  I'm going to have to totally re-do the Emerald Moss drop patterns to get an accurate picture there.  Obsidian Arrows are nice but HORRIBLY expensive.  I'm going to try out the bronze arrows I currently have in stock and see if those will do.  I'll probably re-supply a batch of obsidian for use in tough fights and keep the bronze for trash mobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment