Thursday, September 23, 2010

The second night

So I get back in this evening.  I'm still killing sheep but that's cool.  I do that for a bit then eventually I decide to head to town and get some equipment so that I'll have more than one combat job.  Not to mention get some crafts going.

Step one is walking back to town.  Then I hit up the smithy which houses both the blacksmith's and armorer's guilds.  Holly crap prices of basic weapons have doubled from Beta...  Still the end of the first two quests and selling off all the +1 thru +3 stuff to the vendor (while keeping the rest for synth reserves) gives me enough to buy the equipment for Blacksmith, Armorer, Pugilist, Marauder, Thaumaturge and Conjurer.  Running low on gil at this point, I decide to get some leves.  So I get 5 local guildleves and do them.  This gets my Blacksmithing to 6 and my Armorcrafting to 5.

Local Guildleve: Got Ingots

The trip to the level 10 and 20 aetherites also allows me to start in on my Pugilist so it gets to 2.  Setting up the macroes for equipment and action swaps allows me to get Fisher, Marauder, Thaumaturge and Conjurer up to 1.

At this point I take a break so we can get Kalie in the linkshell and sorted out.  Jonel teleports us to Gridania so we're able to get the Aetherite there without the long trek.

 Kalie

Then we went our separate ways as she went to do some regional leves in the Gridania region and I went to do the same (gil now being rather low) near Limsa Lominsa.  Partying up with Etreus and eventually Legend for the guildleves we plow thru the level 1 ones.  The level 10 ones that Etreus were a little tougher (especially the dodo one - died 3-4 times during that one).  This helped with my gil situation and also with the materials situation.  I notice I have enough to craft some Bronze Nuggets.  I decide that I'll be crafting my needle for the Weaver class instead of buying it.  I buy the spinning wheel (the 2nd hand weaver tool), but hold off on the needle.

So back to my flunky to exchange some stored items and get the materials.  I have enough ore and cyrstals for 2 synths.  The first one blows up (naturally), but the second one succeeds.  This gives me enough material for 12 attempts but I figure 6 should be enough.  Impressively, my first synth blows up attempting to get a +1, but my next one result in a Bronze Needle +1...



Woot!  Not only my first successful end product synth (the bronze nuggets were my first non-end product successful synth) but also my first HQ!.  The next 1 is also a +1 and the last 3 are normal Bronze Needles.  The end result of all of this is that I sell Etreus a +1, keep one for myself and put 3 Bronze Needles up for sale in my bazaar.

At the end of the night:

Physical: 10, Hand to hand: 5, Sword: 7, Axe: 1, Thaumaturgy: 1, Conjurer: 1, Smithing: 7, Armorcrafting: 5, Clothcraft 1, Fishing 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment