Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Level 10s

So as per a lodestone post that got destroyed in their lodestone recovery, I spent most of the evening last night crafting.  As I mentioned, one of the critical skills to work on was Armorcrafting.  So after extensive examining of the situation I determined that starting with 8 Copper Nuggets and 12 Sheep Leather Straps, I could get some serious progress on Armorcrafting.

This turned out to be true.  I am left with some rather iffy materials to get rid of but at least the armorcrafting skill got to 8.  Here is what I did:

8 Copper Ore -> 24 Copper Nuggets (goldsmithing)
10 Copper Nuggets -> 2 Copper Ingots (goldsmithing)
2 Copper Ingots -> 12 Copper Wire
12 Copper Wires -> 36 Copper Rings (33 in actuality as there was a failure)
3 Copper Nuggets -> 32 Copper Rivets
2 Copper Nuggets -> 12 Copper Squares (4 copper nuggets used as there was a failure)
12 x Copper Squares, 12 Copper Rivets, 12 Sheep Leather Strap -> 12 Copper Throat Guard
(got 8 normal and 1 +1 and 1 failure)

Which indeed got me to level 8 Armorsmith.  7 of The rings and the 7 left over nuggets were then used in some Goldsmithing (Copper Wristlets).  I then got some more copper nuggets out of inventory and crafted some copper buckles.  These along with the rivets went into a major leathercrafting push.  This pushed my leathercrafting over 10.  This was immediately followed by a clothcrafting push which pushed it in turn over 10.  At the end of the session I had managed to craftmyself a new hat (Hempen Coif) as well as a Hempen Shirt +1, and some Hempen Slops.  There were plenty of Sheepskin Vambraces and Smithy's Gloves to go around.  My last synth was some Hempen Fent in order to make sure I could keep all this new equipment repaired.

I then finished the evening kicking off Archery and got it to Rank 2.  Wearing my new togs of course.  I also sold off the starter pants and the starter tunic.  Even if I get alternate hempen clothes to wear, there is no point to keeping the old starter equipment as anything is better than it is.  At this point the big thing is going to be killing a lot of things and searching for dye materials.  There were lots of synths I could otherwise have been able to do that I was blocked in doing because I did not have dyed leather or dyed cloth.

Planning is definitely necessary in crafting as you burn thru MASSIVE amounts of shards with simple clothes crafting.  I started the evening with over 400 earth shards.  I'm down around 100 at the end of the evening.  On the flip side I managed to get my first two jobs to 10, and good progress was had in both armorcrafting and goldsmithing.

I also no longer look like I just created my character.

Updated Look

Physical: 19, Gladiator: 8, Pugilist: 8, Marauder: 8, Lancer: 8, Archer 2, Thaumaturge: 8, Conjurer: 1, Carpenter: 8, Blacksmith: 8, Armorer: 8, Goldsmith: 6, Tanner: 10, Weaver: 10, Alchemist: 7, Cooking 4, Miner: 9, Botanist: 6, Fisher: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment