Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pugilist time

After finishing up some leves in the Gridania area it was off to Thanalan and regions for some Pugilist and Gladiator work.  I intend to mainly concentrate on getting Pugilist to 22 and getting guild marks for the Gladiator job.

Things started out on an "interesting foot when the regional guildleve available was "The Whight Stuff"...  The decision was made that after turning in the local guildleves I would simply grind two levels and then I thought (remembering the problems I had with Thaumaturge), I should be good to go for this guildleve.  So I ground up through the zone (the sweet spot proved to be around level 25 mobs) and quickly dinged two ranks.  The leve was then "doable" Took me 24 minutes but did it.  I observed, however, that my existing equipment is not optimal for a pugilist since it has much more defense than evasion.  Some of the offense of the class depends on me evading the opponent.  So after finishing the guildleve it was back to Ul'dah to make some Pugilist specific gear.

And I ding 23 Weaver making a cotton shirt.  Switching to the Cotton Shirt and the Cotton Kecks (which I have from the Archery job) definitely upped the evasion stats.  We'll have to see if the increase balances the reduced defense stats  (although I like the increased magical defense).  And as predicted, a level early is the right time to switch to the Dodoskin Cesti.

No comments:

Post a Comment