Monday, August 8, 2011

And I get Pugilist to 20

Much progress over the Sunday.  The guildleves regenerated and I was able to load up on some Alchemist and Weaver ones.  Having determined their destinations (both Drybone and Horizon) I then proceeded to load up on appropriate regional and fieldcraft leves at the destination camps.

Drybone was a nice change, just after I turned in the local leve and I was preparing to tear thru the 3 regional leves I had queued up, someone pipes up "anyone doing leves".  So I indicate that I was going to tear thru 3 of em and the person joins up.  A rank 13 Archer with a rank 19 Pugilist.  So long as she didn't get aggro, things went well.  We were running 4 star leves as I can conveniently solo 3 star ones.  So we did mine, then we did hers (female character, no idea what was on the other side of the keyboard), and at the end I teleported us both to Horizon so she could tag along on my guildleve there and pick up the Horizon Aetherite.

That done we parted ways and I was within 3000 exp of hitting 20.  So I just ran around killing things for a bit (was getting lucky with the Mitelings) and dinged 20.  I then teleported back to Ul'dah to get my rank 20 Pugilist quest done.  Not to mention get the 2nd Alchemist training manual (poisoning treatise).  Since I'm still 24 Alchemist, my plan on leveling crafting by doing just about exclusively local guildleves that have a chance on granting guildmarks is playing off.  I also decided to wait on 8000 mining guild marks before getting the next tome in that class.  My only worry is that it's much slower than grinding, which could be problematic once all my combat classes are past 20.  I've gotten 3 of the seven up to 20 now.  I intend to get Pugilist to 22 before switching back to one of the other jobs.  I also need to keep an eye out for Gladiator regional leves as I need to get 1500 more guild marks to get the trait that allows you to keep your shield up for 50% longer.

We will see how it goes, but it looks like I'll be in Ul'dah a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment