Thursday, August 11, 2011

Forward Progress

Since I started the evening in La Noscea, I was able to get some progress with my local leves.  Both armorcrafting and blacksmithing saw some progress including the acquisition of two new books.  Wow blacksmithing does not have a lot of books.  I need to make sure I don't accidentally nail one of the two remaining ones in with other jobs.

After the usual was done, I hooked up with Paw on voice comms and we coordinated the upgrading of some of his gear.  Lucky these days I actually have a stock of materials to craft with, but as is becomeing standard I end up with some holes in the mix here and there once a plan is agreed upon.  In this case there was the request for the carpentry 2nd hand tool and after asking about his current gathering levels, I determined that the level 7 mining and botany main hand tools as well as the fishing rank 12 tool would be good bets to upgrade to.

A quick perusal of the recipes revealed that I was missing slate-grey scale bugs (for a Sheep Leather Strap (grey) and a Soiled Femur (for a Bone Fish Hook).  I had sufficient material reserves for all the other components of all 4 items.  So the idea was to have Paw hunt down the two remaining items while I got busy processing materials into parts and crafting the tools.

Got it all done except the fishing rod as Paw was either getting unlucky or the changes to the Bearded Rock zone were such that it no longer had Soiled Femurs.  Not wanting to waste time getting the last tool done, I proposed we teleport over to the Bentbranch zone near Gridania since I knew there were Soiled Femurs there.  And just as we are going for the 2nd node in the place who do we run into but Silver grinding up his gathering.  So at that point it was "do you have any Soiled Femurs?".  He said yes and of course we simply went to his retainer and I was able to complete the Willow Fishing Rod. 

Of course Ironies of Ironies, just as I get to Paw to deliver the rod, what do I get?  Cursing on the comms, "what, what?".  "Two of them just dropped...".  "Doh!".

Just before logging off I brought them to Mor Dohna to check out the crashed airship and dead dragon.  Always a cool sight (along with the level 50+ aggro beasties)

No comments:

Post a Comment