Monday, December 13, 2010

Got back in

After seriously reducing my graphics settings I finally managed to get a playable setup with my older graphics card.  Pixilation for the win.  Seriously you should see the map...

This at least allowed me to get some progress again.  I started off by processing the harvest from the Skull Valley area (where I was when we last left off).  After that got done, repairs on the gear.  Then it was "what to do"...  Until I can sort out my video situation I don't feel like recording harvesting info (too awkward without the 2nd screen side by side).  So I decided to get some bat fangs while working on a low end job and dragging it up.  So off to Gridania and some bob-a-mole with my pugilist...  I must be getting better at this about 150-ish sp per kill on average and I was just slaughtering them.  Featherfoot works very well with Haymaker when soloing.

Now with the various tumultuous nature of the server as things stand.  Lots of people trying things out and only a certain percentage of them staying.  I've decided to get involved in 3 or 4 other linkshells.  Not abandoning Hokuten, but I figure with linkshell populations being what they are, being in 3-4 shells will even things out a bit.  There's also the fact that most of Hotuken - predictably - not being generalists has sped ahead of me.  So last night I joined Retribution XIV.  Seems to be a new shell made by an old FFXI player who just recently started playing FFXIV.  We'll see how it goes.

Meanwhile my Pugilist hit 14, my leatherworking hit 18 and  my Physical hit 43.

Physical: 43, Hand to hand: 14, Sword: 18, Axe: 15, Archery: 10, Polearm: 11: , Shield: 11, Thaumaturgy: 11, Conjury: 12, Woodworking: 18, Smithing: 17, Armorcraft:17 , Goldsmithing:16 , Leatherworking: 18, Clothcraft: 20, Alchemy: 19, Cooking16 , Mining: 21, Botany: 21, Fishing: 17.

2 comments: